Information On This Page:
Job Seeker Navigation:
Plan a Career
Career planning can be separated into three component parts:
- Rating what aspects of work are most important
- Selection of the kinds of occupations that match that rating
- Understanding the education and training required to reach that goal
mySkills myFuture is a website designed to match skills from a
current job to new occupations. Below you will find more tools to help you take charge and meet your career goals
through self assessment, knowledge of current employment trends, and comparisons jobs that match your skills and interests.
Career planning resources on JCW
career posters, wage comparisons, and related links.
- Skills and interests assessments are key to career planning.
- Career Video Index contains links to short videos that look at occupations,
job requirements, and working conditions.
- Youth Career Resources provides student-focused career exploration advice.
- Explore Occupations and learn about duties, working conditions,
advantages and disadvantages of various job options.
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC) is a
portable credential that helps build a job seeker’s confidence and verifies that his or her skills
match an employer’s needs.
- Quality Practices and Measurement
- Manufacturing Processes and Production
- Maintenance Awareness
Focus on specific industries in Wisconsin
Career planning resources outside of Job Center of Wisconsin