- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Online Workshops
- Other Resources
- My Account
Information On This Page:
Job Seeker Navigation:
Look for Jobs
A job can reward us with compensation, respect, and feelings of accomplishment and contribution. These tools may help provide guidance through the job search process.
Job search resources on Job Center of Wisconsin
- Skill Explorer lets job seekers search for openings based on acquired skills instead job titles. Skill Explorer uses cutting-edge technology to search skill sets and produces occupational categories spanning many different industries.
- Job Banks include web locations that feature current job openings. Both statewide and nationwide job banks are included.
- Job Center of Wisconsin Publications
cover these topic areas:
- Job Readiness
- Job Search
- Resumes and Applications
- Workforce Events, hosted by Wisconsin Job Center locations, bring in employers who connect job seekers to current openings.
- Resumes and job applications, when done effectively, can change a job candidate into a new hire.
- Volunteering. Remain active, keep your skill-set sharp, and make contacts in your community.
- Employment Scams. Protect yourself.
- Background Checks. Know your rights and what to expect.
- Job Search Tips provides advice on different pathways to explore, and links to more publications and resources.
- Layoff Assistance highlights available services to those who were laid off from a job.
Considerations for specific groups of job seekers
- Youth Employment connects you to information about working if you are
under 18 years of age.
See also: Youth Apprenticeship.
- Older Worker employment programs are available to help persons over 55 years old who meet income guidelines.
- Veteran's Employment assistance is available for specific categories of persons who have served in the military.
- Disability Toolbox. Services are available to assist a consumer in preparing for, securing, retaining or regaining employment that is consistent with one's strengths, resources, capabilities, interests and informed choice.
- Ex-Offender. Resources and links to assist ex-offenders for reentry into their communities.
Job search resources outside of Job Center of Wisconsin
- Business Finder. A feature of America's Career InfoNet. Find contact information about a specific employer or list of employers. Searches may be performed by occupation, location, or keyword.
- Resume Guide. A feature of America's Career InfoNet.
- Milicruit enables veterans to visit employer booths, view/apply for jobs, chat with recruiters during career fairs, and email them directly off hours or in between event days.