- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Online Workshops
- Other Resources
- My Account
Learn about the duties, working conditions, advantages and disadvantages of various occupations to make better choices. The world of possible jobs is wide open!
WISCareers is the best source for information on occupations in Wisconsin. Registration required, but at no cost.
- Find occupations alphabetically, keyword, or occupational group
- Match yourself to occupations using your interests or job skills
- Find Typical duties, wages, expected demand, and method of entry for a wide variety of occupations.
Career One Stop contains many career resources from the federal Department of Labor. Among its assessment tools are:
- America's Career InfoNet has career videos to learn more about occupations
- Use theCareer Exploration area to identify career needs and link directly to other appropriate resources
- The Career Resource Library has thousands of links to career resources
WisConomy is an interactive labor market information database for Wisconsin. This technology permits users to customize the search for information about the employment in Wisconsin, including:
- Occupational trends and wages
- Industry projections and size of the labor force
- Local, county, and regional information
- Economic indicators and affirmative action statistics
The Office of Economic Advisors (Dept. of Workforce Development) interprets labor force data and focuses on issues and trends influencing employment growth in Wisconsin. It publishes reports that provide an overview (monthly, annual) of county and state trends. These include: