- Job Seekers
- Featured Industries
- Online Workshops
- Other Resources
- My Account
Vets Ready Employer Initiative
The Vets Ready Employer Initiative serves to encourage employers to build a support system within their workplace, hire and retain more veterans, and connect to veterans in the community and their families. Every year the Department of Workforce Development recognizes businesses who have gone above and beyond for the veteran workforce. Businesses are separated into three categories – small, medium, large – and either receive a gold or silver certification.
DWD partners with the Department of Veterans Affairs, Wisconsin Department of Disabled American Veterans, and the Veterans Chamber of Commerce on the Vets Ready Employer Initiative.
- Precision Ice Blast Corporation – Gold Level
- TDS Telecom Inc – Gold Level
- We Energies – Gold Level
- Xcel Energy – Gold Level
- 4imprint – Silver Level
- Associated Bank – Silver Level
- Deloitte – Silver Level
- Fox Cities Builders – Silver Level
- Kimberly-Clark Corporation – Silver Level
How to apply
It is free to apply for Wisconsin's Vets Ready Employer Initiative. Employers who are deemed Vets Ready will be promoted by DWD staff to veteran job seekers and community partners through several outlets including:
- Being listed on WiscJobsforVets.com
- Included in a press release promoting the winners
- Social media posts all DWD's social media outlets throughout the year
- Indicated as a Vets Ready Employer on JobCenterofWisconsin.com (Job Seekers can specifically search for jobs posted by Vets Ready Employers)
- Provided a Vets Ready Winner emblem to include the company's website, additional social media assets, and a media kit for self-promotion
- A framed certificate signed by the DWD Secretary
- Outreach by Job Center staff, Veterans Employment Services staff, veteran agencies and organizations, and workforce partners
Employers must provide a letter of support from a veteran or veterans' organization supporting the company's accomplishments as referenced in the application.
Applications will open in early 2022.